By: Climate Control
Our commercial services team gets asked two big questions all the time:
- When is the right time to replace my building’s HVAC system?
- Is replacing it going to cost me a ton of money?
While it’s true that replacing a system is going to have upfront out-of-pocket costs, replacing an aging unit can actually save you money in the long run. Here are the main factors to consider, and how they can add up over time:
- Age: If your unit is over fifteen years old and looks more like a rust bucket than a critical heating and cooling appliance, consider replacement. When your system gets too old, they can go out at any time, leaving you with the costs of lost business, potential inventory damage, and unhappy workers and customers.
- Use and abuse: Has your unit been well maintained throughout the years? Or was the last time it was inspected after it had broken down? If the answer is the latter, your system’s efficiency is likely in the toilet. This can lead to large fuel and utility expenses, costing you more money every month to continue doing the exact same job.
- Frequent malfunctions: While some repairs are minor, others can be costly fixes. If you find you’re shelling out more and more money for ongoing, expensive repairs, you may want to consider replacing the system altogether.
Looking for a Full HVAC System Evaluation?
No problem! Our Climate Control commercial services team is ready and waiting to help get your system costs under control.
Back to Posts